Tool Manager: Brian Bowman
Location: 2nd floor corridor
- Gentle drying of 4, 6, and 8 inch diameter substrates using SuperCritical CO2.
- Small chip sample holder available for irregular samples.
- Capable of displacing any standard sample medium (e.g. propanol, methanol, ethanol, etc.).
- Standard process cycle; or user settable cycle times, temperatures, and pressures.
- Uses "Bone Dry" 99.9% pure CO2 as the displacement medium.
- CO2 pressures up to 85 bar (1247 psi or 8.6 MPa).
- CO2 temperatures adjustable from 18 to 37° C.
- SEM sample prep.
- Provides uniform surface tension on self assembled monolayer (SAM) coated surfaces.
- Functional protein coating on atomic force microscope (AFM) cantilever tips to be used as nano-electrodes.
- Characteerizing sample solubility in supercritical CO2.
- Using the supercritical properties of carbon dioxide as a way to thoroughly clean microfluidic devices between uses.
Instrument protocol and brochure in the "downloads" menu to the right.