Imaging ellipsometry is a powerful tool for measuring thin films of almost any material adsorbed/deposited on a substrate. Materials that can be analyzed are for example: thin metal films, oxides, organic coatings, biological molecule layers (DNA/protein), semiconductor films, SAM's etc.
- Resolution: 1-2micron in x/y, ~1 Angstrom in z
- Ellipsometric precision: Delta/Psi precision 0.002 deg Absolute accuracy 0.1 deg
- Can provide delta, psi, n, k, or thickness maps across a full field of view.
- ROI array creator allows simultaneous measurement of DNA/protein arrays or other spatially structured samples.
- Liquid cell enables measurement of hydrated samples.
- Surface plasmon resonance fluid cell for imaging surface plasmon resonance and fluid measurments in an inverted setup.
- Kinetics add-on software allows measurements in real time.
- Thermal stage with ramping capability (0.5-6o C/min) and a range of ~20-110o C
- Stand-alone modeling/analysis software (Thinfilm companion from Semiconsoft).
- Two light source options: Internal solid state 532nm laser, or Xenon Arc lamp with filter wheel. Forty eight wavelengths between 380 – 900nm available.
Instrument protocols in the "downloads" menu to the right.